Living Boldy & Confidently
MOMMA. WIFEY. SISTERFRIEND SHINY THING LOVER
Hunni Chiiilllleeee, who in the world said balancing motherhood, marriage, cultivating relationships and being a "present" parent, living your dream & doing the laundry would be easy- and if I can be honest with you. It's been far from being perfect and easy!
Family has always been important to me and it's also been the most challenging area of my life. I've been know as bad cop, drama queen, overbearing, controlling and helicopter momma! My story is that I was failing miserably at being an attentive and loving wife, and a doting mother.
Unfortunately, we don't get to choose our families, but we do get an opportunity to choose how we do life with the people that we love, and what I realized is that I needed to make some changes, desperate and extreme changes that needed to start within- Alot of Self Reflection, Self Evaluation & Self Discovery! That's right the coach- needed a coach! Many times we're looking for the answers from other people, whether its through self help books, informative television shows, highly recommended therapist OR better yet we think we have the answers to our own problems, and we still end up sinking and failing!
I had to make a intentional & conscious decision to reparent myself with purpose, break generational and dysfunctional behavior and habits so that I can have healed and healthy relationships with my husband and my children.
I took ownership of my healing journey, and gave myself permission to redefine and create my own rules, speak my truth, unlearn and reprogram myself! I also had to tell myself that it's okay to not know the answers, to fail and to not always feel the responsibility to be strong & perfect ( dispelling the idea of the strong woman syndrome)
My new journey looks much differently then from how I started, and I think my husband, my children and my family are much better for it! I did the work!
These days you can find me on your television screen, as a TV Correspondent on NBC Texas Today, and nationally sharing a few tips to bring marriages and families together and helping mom entrepreneurs kick the mom guilt and burnout! I am also the Executive Director of a tiny organization entitled; Bee Empowered Incorporated a non profit agency that is focused on transforming & Empowering the lives of women and young girls!
Me and my husband are also new authors of a new book entitled 90 Day Marriage Reset Challenge. This is our very first book " together" that we are so super proud of- --do you remember that part where I said that I was failing as a wife-well the truth is me and my husband were both failing each other in our marriage, We were at the crossroads of literally splitting up our family and getting a divorce. We were in the thick of it and our marriage was falling apart and our flame for one another was being extinguished by resentment and unforgiveness. We were surrounded by couples in our community, but there was no authentic transparency.
ABOUT OUR BOOK | 90 DAY MARRIAGE RESET | Shameless Mention
We wrote our book because for ONE we thought we can't be the only couple going through these challenges in our marriage. We didn't consider ourselves to be writers- that's for sure. But, what we did see was an opportunity to take our work and process and present it to other married couples to let them know that they are not alone.
We want to cultivate relationships with couples & support them by providing our version of a healthy blueprint of practical & actionable tools to give them permission to re-envision, reimagine and redefine their marriage with their spouse to help them, reconnect, retune and reignite their marriage, strengthen their interpersonal relationship and find fulfillment in one another!
EMPTYnesting and loving it! |
When I'm not coaching, Me and my beloved husband & life partner of 22 years are living freely as empty nesters and supporting our now adult children on the sidelines. We are smelling the roses, catching flights and truly loving & living life!
A LITTLE BIT OF LOUD + A LITTLE BIT OF MESSY = A WHOLE LOT OF LOVE!
FAMILY CRUSADER. ATMOSPHERE CHANGER. PEOPLE LOVER.
1. I'm terribly afraid of canned biscuits...Seriously! LOL
2. My Favorite color is PINK
3. I sneak away in the evening to enjoy my car conversations with Jesus
4. I'm wildly OBSESSED with all things ANIMAL PRINT!
5. I absolutely LOVE mexican food!
6. I think I make the best guacamole! No seriously.. I really do!
7. My favorite scripture is Romans 8:28
8. I'm a shoe addict!
9. Christmas is my favorite Holiday
10. I would love to learn how to ski one day?
11. I'm not a coffee drinker- I got that natural high baby! :)
12) I've never used drugs, but there was that one time in high school, when I had car contact, and I stumbled out the car. That doesn't count! lol
13) I'm a licensed minister, but I never tell anyone, because I believe that my light & life shines louder and bigger without a title!
14) I had a baby, before I was married and I turned out okay!
15) My favorite travel destination in the world is Cabo. I just think it's SUPER SEXY and every couple should travel there at least once a year for an intentional marriage reset.
16. I love to dance! No seriously- I slide and glide on the dance floor!
17. My favorite book is The People Factor
18. Me and my siblings were all born in the month of April and we're 5 years apart- so obviously my parents had a thing about " late" August summers
19. Me and my husband vacay every 90 days to reset our marriage, and if you're married you should try it! Trust me it's a gamechanger!
20. I absolutely LOVE all genres of MUSIC! Music is my therapy